Sell Online Nigeria Safety Tips
- Be Careful: Conduct a background check on the company before going for an interview and also verify its website. Do not submit any upfront fees for a job application or go for interviews in remote or unfamiliar places. There should be no sharing of personal details such as bank account number or copy of your ID.
- Meet Sellers in person: Check the quality of the item(s) and make sure it meets your expectations before making payment
- Prepayments are strictly prohibited on Jiji:
Buyers – no prepayment should be made for either the delivery of the products. You can discuss the delivery cost, but payment should be made only AFTER the product is delivered successfully.
Sellers – don’t ask for any prepayments before delivery!
- Use common sense: Avoid anything that appears too good to be true, such as unrealistically low prices and promises of quick money.
- Never give out your financial information: Including bank account details, eBay/PayPal info, and any other information that could be misused
Scams and frauds to watch out for
- Fake payment services: Sell Online Nigeria does not offer any payment scheme in purchases. Please, report users claiming to offer such services.
- Fake fee requests: Avoid anyone who asks for extra fees to buy or sell an item or service. Sell Online Nigeria never requests payments for its basic services and does not allow items that are not located in Nigeria, so import and brokerage fees should never be required.
- Requests to use money transfer services: Services such as Western Union or MoneyGram are not meant for transactions between strangers and many scams are run through them. Avoid such requests. Still, have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org